We award grants to classroom teachers and advisers to fund projects to help advance education and provide more hands-on learning opportunities. We also can fund certain community projects that provide recreational opportunites for youth.
Recent grants include:
- Teresa Melvin: Ipad for classroom use.
- Eve Trandem: flourescent light filters for special education classroom.
- Kim Webster: Weekly Reader Science Magazine classroom subscription and trivia interactive lessons for the classroom Smart Board.
- Bus costs assistance associated with transporting the 6-8th grade girls to the Women in Science Conference this March 11, 2014 at the School of Mines.
- 2014-15 Grants
- Renae Schneider -$500 matching funds to sponsor Proactive Coaching. A program for youth, parents, and coaches on the importance and the impact of their trust on each other.
- Sandy Arseneault -$500 for Senior Projects sponsoring Read-Across-America Family Fun Night for all Custer Elementary students and families.
- 2015-16 Grants
- School Program - Jerry Akerman-Educating and equipping students and families on Social Media and Student Culture.